More than 90 percent of consumers interact with their preferred brands online, which makes online reputation important. Reviews, comments, or other online content that paints you or your business in a negative light can have a serious impact on your reputation and earnings. This is why it’s important to not just manage your reputation, but to take steps to improve it.
Encourage Reviews and Respond to Comments
San Diego internet marketing professionals believe a large majority of consumers read online reviews when making a purchase decision. This is because people are more likely to trust the opinion of others over marketing content. Google also assumes local intent with searches and considers online reviews as a ranking factor. You can manage your online reviews by:
- Allowing customers to leave comments and reviews on your website
- Responding to both positive and valid negative comments
- Resolving customer issues instead of posting meaningless and impersonal statements (e.g. “keeping customers happy is our top priority”)
- Politely soliciting feedback after transactions and encouraging reviews
- Challenging reviews that seem suspicious
Ask for Opinions and Participate in Conversations
When it comes to managing customer services, there is always room for improvement. Ask for opinions on your website. Read all comments that are being posted to your blog and social pages and respond to your customers, especially on your social media platforms.
Pay Attention to the Customer Experience
Reputation is ultimately based on the experience customers have with your brand. One of the most effective ways to improve your online reputation is to pay attention to all forms of engagement you have with customers, from the first contact to the follow-up after a purchase is made. Customers often have a positive experience when:
- It’s easy to get answers to questions
- There’s enough useful information to make an informed decision
- Follow-up efforts are made after the sale (e.g. a simple “thank you” for a recent purchase)
Even if you’re not facing any issues right now, things can change quickly and unexpectedly if you’re not observant. This is why it’s important to let a reputed search engine marketing company in San Diego continually monitor your online reputation. By utilizing a variety of tools, the team at Saba SEO can measure whether or not customers would recommend your brand to someone else and give you an idea of where you stand with customers. We produce meaningful, relevant content that can encourage positive engagement for your business and boost its online reputation. Whether you’ve recently faced bad publicity or you’re in need of a comprehensive online reputation management plan, feel free to give us a call at 858-951-1717 today.