An online store has the potential to be a reliable source of income for any business that operates entirely or partially online. However, if your online store isn’t generating sufficient sales, it’s understandable to be concerned. Luckily, there are some adjustments you can make to boost your odds of seeing more pleasing results. Here are a few of the best tweaks to try, brought to you by the experts at Saba SEO, a leading digital marketing and web design company in San Diego.
1. Improve Your Copy
If your sales are less than impressive, the first place to start is with the copy on your store’s site. Make it as inviting and user-friendly as possible with:
• Short informative paragraphs and descriptive headings
• Relevant images
• Bullet lists and similar features that provide quick info at a glance
• Content specific to what appeals to your target customers
• Keywords that help searchers find your online store
2. Adjust Your Site for Mobile Viewing
If you haven’t done so already, make your online store appealing to mobile device users. This is how most people shop today anyway, even locally. One way to do this is with a responsive website design that adjusts the site based on the size of the screen it’s being viewed on.
3. Include Customer Feedback
Customer testimonials and reviews are much more compelling to online store visitors than carefully crafted copy. Use this to your advantage by including a place for feedback of this nature to be displayed on your store’s site or page.
4. Focus on Your Top Products/Services
Create a pleasant experience for any visitors to your site by making it easy to find what’s offered without digging through things that may not be as relevant. You can still feature related items or products, but keep the main focus on your top products and/or services.
5. Promote Your Online Store on Social Media
Tap into the power of social media by using your various social pages to promote your online store. This is something you can do by mentioning any current promotions or specials or spotlighting new products you may have available. Go even further by engaging with your social media followers to encourage visits to your online store.
6. Run Paid Campaigns
PPC is a great way to drive more traffic to your online store. Make the most of your paid ad efforts for this purpose by creating landing pages specific to each campaign. It can also be helpful to use appropriate ad extensions to provide additional enticement for potential customers.
7. Make Customer Service a Top Priority
Finally, you’ll be more likely to generate positive feedback and bring customers back if you provide good customer service on a regular basis. This is a goal often achieved with:
• Easy access to someone on your staff if there are questions or issues with orders
• Reasonable and up-front shipping fees
• Clear and reasonable return or refund policies
• Quick and easy checkout and ordering processes
• Updates with shipping information and expected arrival dates
If you have an online store and need help boosting your sales, turn to Saba SEO, one of the leading San Diego marketing companies. We have nearly 20 years of experience in digital marketing, web development, and search engine optimization. Our team of experts can assess your existing website and develop a customized marketing plan that’s sure to increase your search engine ranking, web traffic, and conversion rates. To learn about our high-quality services, call one of our digital marketing experts today.