Content is king and will always be important. Still, there are some notable advantages and disadvantages associated with content for the purpose of Internet marketing. Forgetting about content altogether isn’t an option. Nonetheless, it never hurts to know what kind of challenges you could face and what kind of rewards you may enjoy with an online-based content strategy. The experts at Saba SEO, one of the premier marketing companies in San Diego, explain the pros and cons of content for Internet marketing.
The main advantage of content for Internet marketing is the ability to boost brand awareness. You can do this with everything from website content to blogs and social media posts. In particular, hosted content allows you to reach a wide audience while also solving problems and forming meaningful connections. Content presented the right way online also has the power to:
• Expand your customer base
• Attract attention from customers willing to spread the word online about your brand (“brand advocates”)
• Generate traffic, leads, and conversions and encourage in-person visits
• Increase your brand’s visibility on search engine results pages (SERPs)
• Optimize your paid advertising results
The main disadvantage associated with content for Internet marketing is how time-consuming and complex it can be if you’re trying to juggle everything yourself. However, this is a problem that can be solved if you work with the right agency, especially one that only charges for the services you need at the moment. Some of the other possible disadvantages you’ll want to be aware of include:
• You won’t see immediate results—it takes time to fully implement a strategy and achieve long-term goals
• There’s a high entry threshold, but there are plenty of smart ways to overcome this challenge
• An extensive online content strategy isn’t right for every type of business (e.g., local offline stores with no online presence or companies that provide services on an immediate, as-needed basis)
With content for Internet marketing, you’ll stress less if you put together a strategy based on clear goals and a solid understanding of who you want to view and interact with your content. This doesn’t mean you won’t have some struggles now and then if you do have a business that interacts with customers online, but being more focused makes it easier to expand on what’s already working for you and fix what isn’t.
If you need help creating high-quality content for your website, turn to Saba SEO. Our digital marketing experts can help you develop a content strategy for your business that’s sure to boost your online presence. For almost fifteen years, we’ve helped organizations increase their search engine rankings and develop strong brand images. We also offer social media management, SEO, PPC, web development, and SEO services. San Diego businesses should reach out to one of our content specialists today at 858-277-1717.