One of the first decisions your business needs to make is whether to build a website or create an app. Although there are some similarities between the two, their uses are totally different. Which one is better for your business—an app or a website? The experienced professionals from Saba SEO, one of the premier digital marketing companies in San Diego, explain the advantages of each one to help you decide which is best for your business.
Why an App May Be Better than a Website
There’s a cornucopia of ways an app may give your business an edge over competitors who only have websites. Although apps are available on all platforms, they’re a big part of the mobile experience. Over half of all mobile searches are local searches, and if you have a local business, an app can customize that experience and keep customers coming back.
Here are more ways an app can be better than a website:
- An app will show your branding, as it creates a memorable, unique customer experience
- An app is easy to use on mobile phones and tablets
- Potential customers can randomly find your app in an app store
- Push notifications and geolocation can give a customer a very personalized experience that a website cannot
Advantages of a Website Over an App
There are some advantages of having a website that are more appealing than using an app:
- A website is less expensive to create
- You can use any device to access a website
- A good website is easier to build
- Accessing a website requires fewer steps
- Customers may be more likely to check out a website before an app
Your Website Can Promote Your App
In an ideal world, you would have both a website and an app. They’re such different tools that they actually work very well together to ensure your customers have easy ways to access your business.
For expert advice on creating a successful website or mobile app for your business, reach out to the knowledgeable professionals at Saba SEO, a premier San Diego web design, digital marketing, and SEO company. We work with businesses all over the globe to develop cutting-edge apps, websites, mobile SEO designs, PPC campaigns, and SEO strategies. To learn more about our exceptional services, call one of our digital marketing specialists today at 858-277-1717.