You probably know the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) for your business. However, when it comes to analyzing keywords, checking up on your competitors, and determining what you can do to get better results, you’ll find there are a lot of tools to choose from. Just because a tool has the potential to serve a useful purpose doesn’t mean it is right for you. San Diego search engine optimization experts share a few important tips on choosing the right SEO tool.
Free SEO Tools
A lot of the free tools available will give you more than enough SEO info. You can track several things related to your optimization with free tools, including how visible you are online and where you need to focus your attention to get better results.
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a must-have SEO tool. In addition to diagnosing optimization problems, you can directly tell Google what actions you’ve taken to correct any issues. It gives you 90 days of search traffic data, but there are other tools you can use if you need to go back further. Search Console features will allow you to:
- View backlink data
- Analyze keyword performance
- Identify crawl errors and view crawl statistics
- Submit your URL to view the content/code users and search engine crawlers see
- Assess mobile usability to identify web pages that aren’t mobile-friendly
- View search traffic reports to get data on things like clicks, impressions, and average ranking position
Other Google SEO Tools
Google AdWords Keyword Planner is a must-have tool for keyword selection for your paid ads. Google Analytics gives you an equally impressive amount of info. Plus, you can customize your reports and incorporate data from your social media platforms and other sources.
Bing Webmaster Tools
With Bing, you’ll get an assortment of SEO tools to obtain information on things like your site maps, keywords, search traffic, and links. Bing goes a little more in-depth with SEO than Google and offers additional recommendations you can use to enhance your performance.
Screaming Frog will also give you a great deal of SEO data. You’ll be able to do a thorough technical audit of your website to identify details about duplicate content, title tags, server errors, and meta descriptions. A paid version is also available.
This free tool allows you to see related search terms after you type in a search query. The results are in real time and can be used to generate some keyword suggestions based on data from several sources.
Paid SEO Tools
As your business grows, you may reach a point where you need SEO data that’s even more insightful and useful than what you can get from free sources. Choose tools that address your individual SEO needs better and differently than free tools so you don’t end up paying for the same data you can get for free. Some of the most recommended paid SEO tools include:
- Moz Analytics: Available data includes mentions of your brand and social media engagement. You can also get an SEO grade for each of your landing pages to see where you need to make improvements.
- Searchmetrics: This tool provides a lot of detailed technical SEO and content optimization info. It also does an on-page analysis and offers recommendations. Its Traffic Insight tool allows you to view and reconstruct “not-provided” data for your pages.
- Majestic: For serious link-building, this is a paid source worth considering. You also get a detailed links report and details about various links-related topics.
If you haven’t done so already, make a list of your SEO goals and pick and choose tools to help you select and track keywords, analyze your online traffic patterns from paid and organic search, and see what your competitors are doing with optimization. Start with the free tools and free versions of paid tools (or free trial periods) to get an idea of what will work for you. If you need more detailed stats, consider adding a few paid tools to your SEO toolbox.
For customized and high-quality search engine optimization services, turn to Saba SEO, one of the most renowned SEO companies San Diego has to offer. For over a decade, we have designed effective SEO strategies and created budget-friendly digital marketing plans for a wide variety of businesses. We rely on a range of white hat tactics to boost our clients’ online ranking and increase conversions. Talk to one of our SEO professionals at 858-951-1717 to outline a preliminary SEO plan for your business.