Ads come in all shapes and sizes today, so it’s easy to get overwhelmed as you prepare and produce ads for your business. One thing we can assume is you want to make your ads as engaging as possible for your intended audience to get a decent return on your efforts. The San Diego web design and digital marketing experts from Saba SEO offer these recommendations for how to create engaging ads for your business.
Know Your Audience
The first step in the ad creation process is to know your target audience. Dive into your stats to determine who’s likely to be interested in what you’re offering. Go further by taking the time to learn about such things as:
• Common “pain points” or problems your services/products address
• Key demographics that apply to your target audience
• Any relevant geographic locations
• Emotional triggers to focus on to connect with your target audience
Pick & Choose Your Preferred Ad Types
Next, determine where your ads will be seen and how you plan to present them. In addition to traditional options with print, TV, and radio, possibilities with ads include:
• Social media ads—organic and paid
• Video-based ads
• Display ads (e.g., static images, text-based ads, pop-ups, flash ads, etc.)
• Paid ads, or pay-per-click (PPC)
• Native advertising (e.g., sponsored listings)
• Remarketing/retargeting ads that target people already familiar with what you have to offer
Prepare Engaging Copy
It’s the copy that really makes an ad engaging in terms of establishing a connection with your target audience or consumer. Along with being aimed at the right audience, ad copy that’s engaging and more likely to be effective includes:
• Clear, descriptive headlines
• Relevant text presented in a way that’s easy to digest
• Related images or videos, if appropriate
• A compelling call to action to give viewers an added incentive to take the desired action
Test Various Elements of Your Ads
There are cost-effective ways to test most types of ads. One way to do this is to do a brief test run with two different versions of the same ad. This is when you try out things like different headlines, images, taglines, and calls to action to see which elements perform better. You can then fine-tune the final versions of your ads based on the results.
Finally, track the results you get with your ads. This is something you can do with Google Analytics for online ads or by looking at website traffic patterns. If you run paid ads, stats can be tracked in an even more detailed way so adjustments can be quickly made for any ads not performing as expected.
If you need focused, results-oriented ad campaigns for your business, reach out to Saba SEO. As one of the premier San Diego SEO companies, we offer high-quality PPC and SEO services, and we have 20 years of experience in digital marketing. Our experts can analyze your target market and create a comprehensive marketing campaign to boost your online visibility. To learn about our high-quality marketing services, give us a call today.