On-page SEO refers to what you do on your website to attract attention from searchers and search engines. Off-page SEO involves all optimization efforts that take place outside of your site, like backlinks and social signals that make your site popular among your target audience. You’re more likely to see better results for your business if your SEO strategy includes both on-page and off-page tactics. Experts at Saba SEO, a leading San Diego SEO firm, discuss a few ways you can harness the power of on-page and off-page search engine optimization.
Start with a Solid Base
Think of your website as the foundation that will support your off-page SEO efforts. Your first step with optimization needs to start with on-page SEO, which involves:
- Creating a site with a structure that can adapt as needs change
- Analyzing Search Console and Google Analytics data to get an idea of where to focus off-page efforts to improve on-page results
- Focusing on technical aspects of on-page SEO that help crawlers rank your site and convince searchers to click your link (e.g. alt image tags, optimized URLs, title tags, and metadata)
Make Influencers Aware of Your Site
Once your on-page SEO is taken care of, it’s time to make others aware of your website. A good starting place is with influencers within your industry or niche. Find potential sources of external links by developing mutually beneficial relationships that include:
- Offers of relevant content you can provide, like guest blogs and social posts
- Reciprocal links back to relevant content from your influencers’ sites
- Exclusive content offers (e.g. a new case study you finished that can be first published on an influencer’s site)
Become Involved Locally
Harnessing the power of off-page SEO can extend to things you do within your community. For instance, if you participate in local charity events, you may end up with a link to your site from your area chamber of commerce or a reference in a news story that’s accessible online.
Link Your Social Pages to Your Website
Your activities on various social media pages can significantly influence what happens on your website, which is why it makes sense to link your social media pages directly to your site. It’s equally essential to stay active and engaged socially to give your followers an incentive to visit your website. Conversely, your social feeds can be embedded onto your site to give website visitors an excuse to interact with your brand socially and spread the word to others.
Bring Off-Page and On-Page SEO Together
There’s no point in steering searchers to a website that’s not user-friendly. An underwhelming website directly affects organic and paid search results since Google considers the actions visitors take when they access your site. Ideally, you should bring off-page and on-page SEO together by:
- Making your site an appealing destination with a mobile-friendly design, fast page load times, and clear navigation features
- Attracting the right kind of attention by making it easier for searchers to find your business online (e.g. claiming your Google My Business listing, optimizing profiles on social pages and online directories, and encouraging online reviews)
- Consistently tracking results to identify times when there’s a disconnect between what you’re doing with off-page SEO and the results you’re getting on your website
Finally, search engines like Google don’t just care about how optimized your site happens to be. They also consider the kind of attention your website gets from searchers and other relevant sources. Even more importantly, implementing both on-page and off-page SEO will improve your business’ reputation, visibility, and profitability.
To create the perfect blend of on-page and off-page SEO, turn to Saba SEO, a San Diego search engine optimization company you can trust. For over a decade, we have devised customized and comprehensive SEO plans for a wide variety of businesses all around the globe. Our experts are up to date with the latest search engine upgrades, and we offer tailored support to help you increase your online ranking and conversion rates. Call us at 858-951-1717 to schedule an appointment with one of our SEO Managers.