Let’s say you publish blogs on a regular basis and distribute some of them via social media, and you also have well-written website content. If you simply use random keywords here and there, your SEO plan may not yield the same impressive results as your content strategy. Fortunately, it’s possible to fix things with a solid SEO content strategy. The content marketing specialists at Saba SEO, one of the leading marketing companies in San Diego, share a few tips on how to create an effective SEO content strategy.
1. Identify Your Area of Expertise
Your content needs to offer something of value to the audience. Before you dive into keywords and other SEO basics, identify your area of expertise and unique selling proposition (USP) such as specific knowledge of your industry or a particular product feature. Your USP will become the basis of your SEO strategy.
2. Know Your Audience
Once you know what you have to offer, find out who will likely be interested. There are several ways you can gain audience insights. One way is to use current customer data you have on hand. Additional methods include:
• Seeing who your competitors are targeting
• Identifying who would likely benefit from your products or services
• Conducting surveys
• Creating a fictionalized version (persona) of your ideal customer
3. Select Keywords Your Intended Audience Is Likely to Us
Do some keyword research to identify what words or phrases your target audience is using most to find your business. In a nutshell, you’ll start broad with keywords and then narrow your selections down to more specific terms. For example, with pizza, you might simply start with “pizza” and filter that down to “deep dish pizza in Miami.” Also include keywords you want to eliminate (negative keywords) that aren’t relevant to your business.
4. Optimize Wisely
After you have your keyword list, use various keyword tools to identify which ones have the most potential. Next, work those keywords naturally into your content. Keep in mind your keywords need to be noticed by both searchers and search engines. Achieve this goal by:
• Making your URL SEO-friendly with one of your main keywords
• Using primary keywords in H tags and meta descriptions
• Fitting your keywords into fresh, relevant content that includes a mix of shorter and longer content
• Using conversational keywords/long-tail keywords to attract attention from people doing voice-activated searches
5. Publish on Your Own Platform
Your content isn’t going to be effective for SEO purposes if it’s not accessible. Platforms like Facebook and Medium are fairly reliable, but spaces like these are “borrowed” and subject to many variables. Plus, you’re taking a leap of faith that your content will always be accessible via third-party platforms. By publishing your own content on your own site, you’ll be taking away many of these uncertainties. You’ll also benefit from:
• Gaining more flexibility with how your content is organized
• Having a site packed with more content for visitors
• Being able to keep track of how your content is performing easier
• Obtaining more control over server selection and performance, which can maintain consistency with load times and site speed
An effective SEO strategy is based on an understanding of audience needs and expectations. An optimization strategy is likely to fail if it’s not based on what real people want to see when searching for something related to your business or industry online. Some other aspects of SEO you should consider include what existing content of yours is generating the most interest and what motivates your customers to click on your website.
If you need a focused and effective SEO content plan for your business, turn to Saba SEO. As one of the leading San Diego SEO service providers, we have designed results-oriented digital marketing strategies for businesses all over the globe. Our experts can provide fresh, unique, and fully optimized content for your businesses that is sure to resonate well with your target audience and boost your online visibility. We have over ten years of professional experience in SEO and content management and an A+ rating on BBB to our credit. To schedule an appointment with one of our SEO Managers, give us a call at 858-951-1717 today.