More than 80 percent of shoppers say they trust online reviews as much as recommendations from friends, which is just one of the many reasons you should be as proactive as possible about protecting your brand’s image. In a digital world where negative things can quickly become viral, all it takes is a small dose of negativity to seriously sideline all of your online marketing efforts. Experts at Saba SEO, one of the leading San Diego SEO service providers, share a few tips on how to give your online reputation a boost.
Get Links by Building Relationships and Promoting Your Content
Earning links from a respected publication that includes a mention of your brand, products, or influential bloggers site can do wonderful things for your online rep. Online searchers are more likely to assume your brand has already been checked out and deemed to be reputable. There are a few ways to build credibility for your business:
• Reach out to influencers – Offer some of your relevant content to influential bloggers or social media users in exchange for a mention and a link back to your site.
• Promote your own fresh, relevant content – Another tactic is to naturally attract attention with a steady stream of relevant, well-crafted content that’s properly optimized for maximum visibility.
Use “Featured In” Logos on Your Site
Adding a “featured in” logo section to your website makes it easier for searchers to see where your brand has been mentioned. The section is basically a block of logos that link directly to the articles from the various publications that referenced your brand.
Publish Newsworthy Press Releases
If you’ve decided to add a new product or service to your site, open up a new physical location, or hire more staff members, you should consider drafting and issuing a press release. The free publicity could convince more people to check out what you have to offer.
Share Industry Insights
Tools like Help a Reporter Out can be used to write statements about things going on within your industry and make them available to reporters looking to add credibility to their stories. You can also get your quotes out there by:
• Transcribing your video posts so it’s easier for other sources to pick and choose quotes from you or your staff members
• Repurposing transcribed content from webinars you hosted
• Adding personal quotes to the About Us section of your website
• Providing access to supplemental content like white papers and in-depth articles where you can share your opinions and insights
List Products on Amazon
Approximately 80 percent of Amazon users make at least one purchase per month. Listing some of your products on this popular site is a good way to earn customer reviews and product ratings that are likely to inspire others to purchase your products and click back to your website.
Use Video Content to Your Advantage
About 90 percent of online users say video content affects their decision-making process. Video content is also appealing because customers consider it more personal than text. Give your rep a boost by finding as many ways as possible to incorporate video into your overall content strategy. Possibilities include:
• Encouraging customers to submit video reviews or testimonials
• Answering common questions with video responses
• Using Facebook video ads to highlight product features
• Being active on your YouTube account
To boost your online reputation further, consider taking advantage of sites that publish online reviews. Many consumers trust Trustpilot, so it might be a smart way to keep your brand front and center in the best way possible. The paid version includes perks like imported product reviews and customized review invitations. Free tactics like claiming your business in niche directories and adding or claiming your My Business listing can be just as impactful.
If you need a comprehensive online reputation management plan for your business, the team at Saba SEO can help. As a premier SEO company in San Diego, we offer customized digital marketing solutions to businesses all over the world. By creating a tailored search engine marketing campaign, we can increase your online ranking and visibility. We also offer social media management services to help you create social buzz about your products and services, engage with your customers, and mitigate the impact of negative online reviews. To talk to one of our online reputation management experts, give us a call at 858-951-1717.