Websites can serve many important functions, one of which is to inspire conversions and generate revenue. To achieve this goal with some degree of success, you’ll need to optimize your site for both SEO and conversions. The San Diego web design professionals at Saba SEO share some steps you can take to increase your odds of seeing meaningful results.
Tailor Your Website to Your Audience
Google uses more than 200 ranking signals to assess websites, but what they really focus on today is how well content matches user expectations. For this reason, the first step to take when optimizing your site for SEO and conversions is to make it line up with what your intended audience expects by:
• Tapping into your existing data to define your target audience
• Tailoring your content to what your visitors will likely expect
• Using keywords likely to grab the attention of your target audience
Optimize for Organic Traffic
Paid ads can drive traffic to your site and contribute to conversions. However, don’t overlook the power of organic traffic. It will take more time to achieve significant organic growth, but it can boost your credibility and pay off in other ways as well. Organic traffic can be increased with SEO tactics that include:
• Using long-tail keywords to reach more specific searchers
• Using unique meta descriptions for each webpage
• Answering common user questions in your content to boost your odds of having Google pull info from your site for snippets
• Setting up a profile on Google My Business so your business shows up prominently on results pages
Use Your Other Traffic Sources
Another cost-effective way to optimize your website for SEO and conversions is to use existing traffic sources. For instance, your email lists and social media accounts can be used to steer traffic to your site. Your blog can also be optimized in a way that drives website visits and conversions.
Give Visitors Incentives to Stick Around & Take the Desired Action
Getting more traffic to your site with off-page SEO is only half the battle. You also need to pay attention to on-page SEO to keep visitors on your site so they’ll be more likely to take the desired action. This is a process that involves:
• Compelling calls to action
• Fresh relevant content
• Site structure and other technical aspects of SEO
• Relevant keywords naturally sprinkled throughout content
• Easily digestible content (e.g., shorter paragraphs, a mix of text, images, or videos, compelling headers/subheaders, etc.)
Round out your optimization efforts by making your site mobile-friendly, paying attention to page load times, and having a backlink strategy in place. Finally, keep track of how your site is doing by regularly checking key stats, including traffic sources, visitors per page, session durations, and conversion rates.
Hiring a professional SEO agency is one of the best ways to optimize your website. If you’re looking for a reliable search engine optimization company, turn to Saba SEO, a San Diego SEO company you can trust. Our experts can use a variety of white hat techniques to optimize your website, increase your online ranking, and boost your conversion rate. For more than fifteen years, we have helped businesses all over the world benefit from a range of winning SEO strategies. To learn about our digital marketing and SEO services, give us a call today.