Search engine optimization (SEO) is an ever-changing aspect of maintaining any online presence. As technologies develop and search engines change how users access information, businesses must pivot to stay in step. Here’s what you need to know, brought to you by the experts at Saba SEO, a premier San Diego SEO company committed to staying on top of the latest trends and employing the most innovative practices in the industry.
Google facilitates over 90 percent of global internet searches, so its specific algorithms and guidelines drive SEO. Google’s Search Quality Raters Guidelines is the handbook by which people rate the quality of search results. Two of the major considerations when making these determinations are E-E-A-T and YMYL.
The acronym E-E-A-T stands for:
- Experience – Content written from someone’s personal experience to prove reliability and authenticity
- Expertise – Authored by someone with documented education or training
- Authoritativeness – This relates to reputation and track record for providing accurate and helpful information
- Trustworthiness – This combines several factors to judge website content, and it considers all the above factors as well as technical aspects of the website, such as security
Keep E-E-A-T in mind when creating content for your website. Google updates its algorithms annually to provide the best results to users. That means sifting through disingenuous marketing tactics.
“Your Money or Your Life” (YMYL) content is content that directly affects someone’s health or finances. Google scrutinizes this kind of content closely to make sure it follows guidelines. Anything in this category deemed by Google to be potentially harmful or untrustworthy won’t show up in searches.
- Cite your sources – Make sure sources are reliable and accurate.
- Provide information on authors, makers, and leadership – Let the team’s experience and training provide a backbone of authenticity for your content, products, and services.
- Create high-quality backlinks – Backlinks are links to websites located elsewhere on the internet. Creating backlinks will require networking with colleagues and creating a presence on other platforms. Social media is a great tool for this.
- Enable user-generated content – Examples of user-generated content are comments, reviews, and images. This must be monitored and receive high-quality feedback, such as thanks or amends. Following up with user-generated content shows the brand is engaged and invested in the user experience.
Keeping the user experience in mind will drive high-quality content and better SEO. Google’s updates focus on providing results that best serve the needs of their users. Even with regular changes, prioritizing trustworthiness and authenticity will carry brands and businesses forward.
If you need help optimizing your business’s SEO strategy, call on the experienced professionals at Saba SEO, the go-to experts on SEO in San Diego. We can help you with search engine optimization, online marketing, social media management, web design, and much more. Give us a call today to learn more about our industry-leading services.