The success of search engines and our reliance on them as product and content consumers has cemented the need for even well-established websites to employ search engine optimization techniques. As such, here are some that you should be using:
1. Never, under any circumstances, should a website manager consider their website finished. This common misconception leaves well-established websites vulnerable to losing page position. To prevent this from happening, always continue to add value and improvements to the website.
2. Go directly to the search engines for updates on technical advice. While some established websites may assume they’ve mastered optimization, the art of SEO is always evolving. Make sure to check in with Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and Webmaster Help Videos to stay up to date on the best techniques and strategies.
3. Word choice is critical. Established sites should make sure the words it uses are the absolute most relevant and effective. SEO enables web managers to pull off an array of tricks but at the end of the day, sites cannot be misleading or their page rank and traffic will surely suffer.
4. Makes sure to clean house frequently. While having a significant amount of engaging and relevant content and links are a positive, established websites should make sure to prune content regularly. Getting rid of outdated or defunct information helps keep websites relevant and interesting.
5. An established website should be optimized for mobile users. It is clear that product and content consumers are moving to smaller, more mobile screens for their needs. Web managers need to make sure their website is able to make the size transition with consumers to provide a satisfying user experience and increase the number of return visitors.
Regardless of where a website is, digital curators need to stay up to date with evolving SEO practices. For some companies, this is easier said than done, especially when resources are tight. If you could use a little help stepping up your SEO game, reach out to Saba SEO, a trusted internet marketing company in San Diego. Give us a call today at (858) 277-1717 and receive a complimentary website audit!