Search engine optimization is always going to be relevant because it’s always changing and adapting to meet the needs of searchers and the expectations of search engines. It’s important to keep up with what matters most when it comes to SEO, at least if you want to maintain or improve your results and maximize your ROI. To point you in the right direction, here are some of the most effective SEO techniques for 2019, offered by the experts at Saba SEO, a top-tier San Diego SEO company businesses trust for outstanding service and premier digital marketing expertise.
Optimize for RankBrain
RankBrain is Google’s search engine algorithm. It’s based on machine learning, and it measures how searchers interact with search page results. In fact, Google has referred to it as one of their top ranking signals. Optimize for RankBrain in 2019 by:
- Boosting your organic click-through rate (CTR)
- Decreasing your bounce rate—RankBrain doesn’t give much love to pages that are clearly not meeting user expectations
- Improving your “dwell time”—RankBrain pays more attention to sites that entice visitors to stick around
Customize Your 404 Pages
SEO in 2019 is all about finding opportunities. When you have a legitimate reason to use 404 pages, reduce the possibility of getting high bounce rates by:
- Including a link to a relevant backup page
- Pointing 404 redirects to pages likely to convert
- Presenting some evergreen content to provide something useful for visitors arriving at a 404 page
Update & Republish Old Posts
Original content prepared with your target audience in mind is still a good thing in 2019. However, there’s something to be said for attracting the attention of searchers with content you already know is appealing. Instead of archiving this awesome content or starting from scratch once it gets old, simply update it with new stats and other information that’s relevant today and republish it.
Optimize Your Titles and Headings
In 2019, online searchers still have a tendency to look at titles and headings first before actually diving deeper into content. Therefore, you’ll want to have optimized titles and headings with proper tags—H1 and H2 are the most common ones. Don’t forget to include one or two keywords in your headings and titles. Also, pay attention to:
- Images – Use alt text to help search engines understand what your images are about.
- Video content – Include descriptions with relevant keywords and links back to your site.
- Social media posts – Produce relevant social content that includes a link back to your site to direct more searchers to your site.
Make Your Content Shareable
While there’s still a place for content designed with conversions in mind, what really works well in 2019 is content that’s as shareable as possible, and this is also a good thing for brand visibility and your overall online rep. Content likely to be shared in 2019 has the following features:
- A mix of text and images to improve readability
- Short, descriptive URLs
- Associated infographics (when appropriate)
- Relevant, compelling images or headlines placed “above the fold”
- Meta descriptions and relevant keywords
- High-quality images that aren’t just stock images/photos
There are also some SEO techniques commonly mentioned during the last few years that are still as relevant as ever in 2019. One of these is “mobile first,” referring to Google’s method of evaluating webpages based on how they appear on smaller screens. Finally, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates remain essential, since Google gives preference to sites that keep users’ information secure and private.
If you’re looking for ways to enhance your online marketing strategy, try these latest techniques with your SEO. In San Diego, businesses rely on the experience and expertise of the SEO professionals at Saba SEO to help them increase their rank, build their customer base, and grow revenue. For help with your SEO strategy, call one of our knowledgeable SEO specialists today at 858-277-1717.