There are nearly 300 million social media users in the United States alone. Not surprisingly, social platforms have become a popular advertising medium. If you’re looking to explore your options with this method of getting your message out to your target audience, here’s a closer look at some of the hot and trending paid social channels you’ll want to check out, brought to you by the social media experts at Saba SEO, an industry-leading marketing, web development, and SEO company in San Diego.
More than 70 percent of all adults in the U.S. make YouTube their go-to social channel, mainly because of its abundance of visual content. You may already be familiar with this platform’s well-known pre-roll ads that pop up before videos start to play, but YouTube also offers the following paid ad options:
• In-Stream ads – People can skip these ads shortly after they start, but YouTube doesn’t charge advertisers if people skip their ads. Pre-roll ads aren’t skippable.
• Display ads – These show up at the top of the suggestions feed as sponsored content.
• Bumper ads – These are short-duration ads that can’t be skipped, but they’re better for building brand awareness.
• Overlays – You’ll see these at the bottom of videos as they play, although viewers can close them.
Facebook remains popular for paid advertising because it’s the social network with the broadest range of demographics. Many ad options are available with Facebook, some of which include:
• Carousel ads that allow up to 10 images to be displayed
• Video-like slideshow ads
• Instant Experience full-screen ads that display to mobile users when they interact with the ads
• Collection ads that display multiple products when users interact with them
A quarter of all adults in the U.S. say they have LinkedIn profiles, so this is definitely a platform to consider, especially if your goal is to target other businesses. The two main paid options with LinkedIn are sponsored posts and sponsored in-mail posts that go to specific active users. They also have a PPC option for text ads that display in sidebars.
Twitter & Instagram
Twitter and Instagram are two more hot paid social networks you’re welcome to consider. Twitter, in particular, has very good targeting tools that allow you to zero in on users, right down to the keywords they’re using in their hashtags. And since Facebook owns Instagram, you can use Facebook’s Ad Manager to set up your paid ads on this platform. The Stories feature is especially appealing if you want to encourage engagement with your brand.
When they want to work with top-tier social media experts at one of Southern California’s most innovative marketing companies, San Diego businesses turn to the professionals at Saba SEO. We’ve been creating innovative solutions for social media management, SEO, web development, and web design for almost 15 years. We’d love to help with your social media marketing strategy, so call one of our knowledgeable consultants today at 858-277-1717.