If you want your business to be the first thing people find in Google, you need to refine your SEO strategy. Following are the top five SEO factors for local searches.
1. Claim Google My Business Page
Start by claiming your Google My Business page and plugging in all the important details for your business. These include:
– A long and unique description of your business with links
– Choosing the right categories for your business
– Adding your correct address and phone number
– Uploading photos
– Including your working hours if applicable
2. Get Local Reviews
Any local reviews will have a direct effect on your local ranking. Many people think this means just Google reviews, but it is actually any reviews on sites like Yelp or other online directories. Reach out to existing customers and see if they are willing to comment about your business. Also, make it as easy as possible for people to leave a review.
3. Use Local Keywords on One Page
Optimizing your website for local SEO strategies is fairly simple and will go a long way to helping your rank. Basics include:
– An H1 tag with your relevant keyword plus the city and state or region
– A title tag with your relevant keyword plus the city and state or region
– A URL with your relevant keyword plus the city and state or region
– Content that includes your relevant keyword plus the city and state or region
Citations on online directories don’t even need to be linked to your page. The boost comes from your name, address, and phone number being listed correctly across the Internet. There are a handful of tools out there that can help you find current listing to check if they are updated and create new ones.
5. Click Through Rate
The click through rate, or CTR, is one of the core measurements for a website’s quality score and can help increase your page rank when your website consistently has a high click through rate.
Learn more about ways to boost your Google ranking and market your company by calling Saba SEO in San Diego at (858) 277-1717. Our experienced marketing and SEO experts will help you find the right strategy for your business.